Issue-Focused Ministry Format
All too often there is one major issue that stands out in our lives; one that just seems to bring us trouble. Through it all, we may feel shame, fear, anger, pain, or confusion. Perhaps it flares up only in certain circumstances, or perhaps it's an on-going issue. Restoring The Foundation can help.
Our Issue-Focused ministry format focuses primarily on the major issue that is troubling you. Together, through prayer, we discover how the four problem areas work together to ignite and inflame the issue. We will apply the foundational truths to each area as we listen to God for counsel and direction.
The ministry session takes approximately three hours. These three hours can profoundly change your life as God sets you free from the root causes of an on-going burden in your life.
What are the root causes?
- Sins of the Fathers and the Resulting Curses: This problem is rooted in the 2nd commandment (Ex 20:3-6), where God visits "the iniquities of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generations." God requires us to confess our ancestor's sin as well as our own (Lev 26:40). We help you focus on the confession of sin (I Jn 1:9) and appropriation of Christ's finished work on the Cross to break curses (Gal 3:13) and recover "legal ground" from the enemy (Col 2:14).
- Ungodly Beliefs: All of us inherit ungodly beliefs from our ancestors (i.e., parents, grandparents), as well as forming them from life's circumstances. These Ungodly Beliefs need to be changed into Godly Beliefs. This can be accomplished through a procedure of repentance and of renewing our mind (Rom 12:2).
- Soul/Spirit Hurts: Jesus came to heal the brokenhearted (Lk 4:18). As we "Wait upon the Lord" with "Listening Prayer," He heals the hurts of our soul and spirit. He shows us what He wants to heal, and then, after we take care of necessary forgiveness and releasing, He heals what He has shown.
- Demonic Oppression: After we have "co-labored with Christ" to bring freedom and healing to the first three ministry areas in our lives, the various demonic strongholds oppressing us can be disassembled and destroyed (Mk 16:17).
Sometimes we're simply overwhelmed. We've been holding it together for so long, the beginning and end of things become blurred. Maybe we can't even point to a single issue that's bothering us. There may be many issues and some seem to be related and others not--it can be confusing. Restoring the Foundations knows that the fabric can get quite tangled.
The Thorough Format ministry experience examines the four problem areas that we all experience. As we go through the ministry experience, God will reveal patterns and cause and effect relationships--suddenly, understanding emerges. Often times you can point to several troubling issues, but at other times issues are uncovered that start to shed light on and make sense of circumstances in our lives we didn't quite understand. While the approach is systematic and thorough, God is tender and loving in revealing and healing our hurt.
During the 15 hours of ministry, we will apply the foundational truths to each problem area and systematically address the spiritual root causes as God graciously prepares our hearts and minds to receive his love. We'll begin with by getting to know one another and spend about three hours asking you questions and letting you clarify the issues and history in your life. The following four three-hour sessions will each focus on one of the four problem areas we all experience. Married couples will have a joint session at the beginning and end of the ministry time and private sessions for each of the four problem areas.
- Joint initial session for married couples (3 hours)
- Interview (3 hours)
- Generational Sins (3 hours)
- Ungodly Beliefs (3 hours)
- Life's Hurts (3 hours)
- Demonic Oppression (3 hours)
- Joint concluding session for married couples (3 hours)
Thorough-Format ministry is 15 hours total for singles, and 21 hours for couples (individually). Times may be slightly longer or shorter, as the Holy Spirit directs.
We all want a return on our investments. Whether we are investing in purchasing a new car, beginning a relationship, or simply for our own well-being, we want to know that there is real and lasting value. Restoring the Foundations is a real and lasting value; and, the return on your investment is truly priceless–your life healed and restored!
Talk with our team about costs.
Preparing for Ministry
Step Into Freedom is committed to your healing. Our ministry team is called, trained, equipped, and empowered by the Holy Spirit to prepare a safe place for you to experience God’s love restoring the deepest wounds. You too have a huge part in preparing your heart to receive all that He has for you.
Preparation is essential. As you pray and ask God to reveal your heart, we provide a structured approach to reading essential insights, and listening to deep revelation on shame, fear, and control and other suggested areas. During the preparation, we encourage you to journal and take the time to answer the “My Story” personal questionnaire that will help you and your ministry team focus on the underlying root problems.
Visit our online store for all the materials you need to prepare your heart for healing. Click here to visit the store.